Clear All
  • sparwasser
    Seniormedlem
    Hjelp, skaff meg et liv!
    • Jun 2005

Ny og bedre FIFA-ranking

Fra Aftenposten:

Ny og bedre FIFA-ranking

FIFA innrømmer svakhetene og skjevhetene i sin egen verdensranking, og presenterer en ny modell i morgen.

Mexico og USA fjerde- og femtebest i verden? Tsjekkia nest best bak Brasil etter å ha vært i playoff for VM-plass mot Norge? Ukraina nummer 45, fem plasser bak Norge, etter å ha vunnet en VM-kval-gruppe foran VM-bronsevinner Tyrkia, Danmark og europamester Hellas?

Eller varianten for noen år siden: Colombia nummer fem på FIFA-rankingen samtidig som de lå på sjetteplass på tabellen mot slutten av VM-kvalifiseringen i Sør-Amerika!

VM i Tyskland har også «avslørt» rankingen. Brasil var eneste lag i FIFAs topp-6 som kom til kvartfinalen.Tyskland på 19. plass, bak Japan, led under at laget som VM-vertsland ikke har spilt annet enn privatlandskamper de siste årene.
    Men allerede i fjor bestemte FIFA seg for å endre kriteriene for rankingen, og i morgen blir nyheten presentert på en pressekonferanse i Berlin.

Viktigste endring er at det heretter blir resultatene de siste fire år som teller, mot tidligere siste åtte år. Siste års resultater får 50 prosents betydning, nest siste 25, tredje siste 15, mens resultatene for fire år siden vektlegges 10 prosent.

Seier gir 30 poeng og uavgjort 10 poeng, mens betydningen av kampen skal veies nøyere, fra 1 og minst betydningsfull (privatlandskamper) til 4 som vil gjelde for kamper i VM-sluttspillet. Motstanderens styrke – i henhold til FIFA-rankingen – skal også bli nøyere vurdert. Alle kamper skal telle.

– Misvisende

Landslagssjef Åge Hareide ønsker ny-rankingen velkommen.
    – Vektleggingen på kval-kamper og sluttspillkamper burde kommet tidligere. Jeg hadde helst sett at bare disse kampene ble brukt i FIFA-rankingen. Det ville vært mye riktigere, i tråd med andre systemer der treningskamper er treningskamper.
    –.Som rankingen har vært nå, blir den misvisende for styrkeforholdet. For det er klart at Mexico og USA er veldig dominerende i sitt kontinentforbund, presiserer Hareide.
    Detaljene kommer fra FIFA i dag, mens den første nye rankingen – oppdatert etter alle VM-resultatene – kommer onsdag i neste uke.
  • iL
    Seniormedlem
    --==FORUMRUNKER==--
    • Jan 2004

Interesant! Lurer på hva dette betyr for Norge. Tror nok vi havner enda mer ned i sørpa en det vi er nå, og tror neppe vi hadde vært no 2 (eller var det no 3) i verden dengangen med ny formel.
    Kanarifugla flyr høyt i år!

Kommentar

• sparwasser
      Seniormedlem
      Hjelp, skaff meg et liv!
      • Jun 2005

FIFAs pressemelding:

Revised FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking

In Berlin today (6 July 2006), three days before the final of the 2006 FIFA World Cup™, FIFA presented the revised FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking. The new method will be applied immediately after this year's FIFA World Cup™, with the first new FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking to be published on 12 July.

"We have acknowledged the need for a substantial revision. I am convinced that our experts have come up with a satisfactory solution for a new way of calculating the ranking. We are aware that it is difficult to meet everybody's expectations, but are confident that the new system will provide an accurate measure of the strength of each of our member associations," said Blatter.
      Since its introduction in August 1993, the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking has become a regular part of international sports reports and an important indicator for FIFA's 207 member associations to find out where their respective teams stand in world football and how they are progressing.

Nevertheless, the increasingly high profile of the world ranking also attracted some criticism indicating that its calculation formula was too complicated. Therefore, in 2005, under the chairmanship of Michel Platini (France) and Ángel María Villar Llona (Spain), the FIFA Technical and Development Committee and the FIFA Football Committee decided to revise the ranking in order to simplify the way in which it is calculated.

A multinational group comprising FIFA staff and external experts was subsequently formed to find a new procedure for drawing up the world ranking. Extensive tests and assessments were then carried out, which - following a number of presentations - reached their conclusion at the end of 2005.

Transparency and simplicity - the key principles guiding the revision - have been combined with sporting criteria and statistical requirements to establish the new and simplified method of calculation that the FIFA Executive Committee ratified at its meeting in Leipzig, Germany, on 7 December 2005.
      The most important change to the calculation of the ranking is that it will no longer take into account the last eight years of results but only the last four. At the same time, all of the other factors previously taken into account (result, importance of match, strength of opponents, regional strength, number of matches considered) were tested, analysed and, in some cases, totally revised. In fact, two of the factors that were previously used (goals scored and home advantage) will no longer have any impact on the ranking.

Next year, the official website of the football's world governing body, FIFA.com, will also offer an online tool that will make it possible to carry out hypothetical calculations for all teams based on the consolidated database of FIFA's Information Services Department.

Kommentar

• sparwasser
        Seniormedlem
        Hjelp, skaff meg et liv!
        • Jun 2005

FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking

Norge ned 12 plasser på den nye FIFA-rankingen, men Brasil topper fortsatt - nå foran Italia.
        Norge ligger like bak storhetene Israel og Usbekistan.......

Italy leap to second place
        12 Jul 2006

Four-time world champions Italy's latest triumph is also reflected in the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking. The Azzurri have leaped 11 places to second and are now at the head of the chasing pack behind Brazil, who stay on top.
        The positions of the teams at the top of the ranking mirror their performances at the 2006 FIFA World Cup™. Besides minor changes to other countries' positions in the Top Ten, there was also one other prime mover, the host nation Germany (9th, up 10), who thanks to convincing displays in front of their home fans find themselves back among the world's best teams for the first time in more than two years. Thanks to their performances at the World Cup, three other big gainers are Switzerland (13th, up 22), the Ukraine (15th, up 30) and Ghana (25th, up 23).

The new FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking takes a different look at African football and places teams such as Nigeria and Cameroon, who only narrowly failed to qualify for the World Cup, just outside the Top Ten. As expected, the teams from North America and Asia whom fortune did not favour at the World Cup (Mexico, USA, Iran, Japan and Korea Republic) have slipped down the ranking.

A new method has been used to calculate this eagerly awaited first World Ranking since the 2006 FIFA World Cup™, which not only introduces major changes in points allocation and the assessment of the opposition's strength, but also makes such factors as the importance of the match and regional strength easier to understand. This new formula and the big points hauls gained from World Cup matches has led to a complete shake up in the ranking. Besides the effect of the World Cup matches, the change in the evaluation period has also led to a major shift. Now only the last four years (48 months) count, with each year weighted differently.
        - The next FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking will be published on 16 August 2006

Kommentar

• sparwasser
          Seniormedlem
          Hjelp, skaff meg et liv!
          • Jun 2005

På den nye FIFA-rankingen har Norge krøpet seg opp til den hederlige 49.plassen. Og dermed passert storheter som Usbekistan og Guatamala.

Hele lista:

Kommentar

Working...